All Collegiate student accommodation in the UK is covered by the ANUK / National Code for accommodation owned or managed by non educational establishments.
Benefits for students
The most obvious reason for choosing to live in a development covered by one of the ANUK/Unipol National Codes is that they provide reassurance: Reassurance that the accommodation is safe and well managed; and reassurance that, should any problems arise, there exists a mechanism to help get them resolved.
Compliance with benchmark standards
Members of the Codes voluntarily agree to comply with benchmark standards that relate to both the physical condition of a building as well as its day to day management. This means that, amongst other things, students living within a building covered by the Codes can expect:
- Buildings that meet or exceed the local authorities fire safety requirements
- Sufficient bathroom and kitchen facilities
- All repairs to be completed within agreed timescales
- Advanced notification if managers need to access rooms and/or flats to undertake routine inspections or planned maintenance
- Managers of buildings to act in a professional and courteous manner at all times.