Senior Architect / Interior Designer
- Full-time, Permanent
Collegiate AC has an opportunity for an Senior Architect/ Interior designer to join its Madrid team.
We are offering the opportunity to join our team as an Senior Architect. The successful candidate will be design minded with a background in architecture and interior design. We are looking for an energetic team player to help across all projects within the studio.
Duties and responsibilities:
- to understand and develop the interior design vision of the brand working with the principle and head architect.
- to liaise where appropriate with members of the external design team and other associated organisations and companies.
- being self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative and meet project deadlines.
- possessing excellent time management and organisational skills between projects, often juggling two or more projects at one time.
- keeping abreast of trends, ideas and new materials with a relevance to retail/F&B design.
- being a positive team worker, supporting and inspiring those around you, being proactive in looking for opportunities to support your team.
- helping maintain a tidy and efficient work-place.
Qualities and skills:
- Degree in architecture.
- More than 5 years experience in the field working on a wide range of projects, with a particular focus on hospitality.
- international experience is a plus.
- experience in developing urban design projects alongside architecture and landscape.
- experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- strong design flair and know how in interior styling and decoration as well as interior materials and finishes, equipment etc
- experience with producing detailed drawings, schedules and specification
- oversee existing hotel corporate design/creative service needs and requests
- overseeing and implementing on-property holiday décor, pop-ups and other special initiatives
- select material, accessory and furniture specifications
- obtaining and managing samples and relationships with vendors
- researching and obtaining quotes from various vendors and following up on approvals
- effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize tasks and projects within the design team
- good understanding and affinity with the studio’s design approach
- ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- ability to integrate design requirements with architecture
- ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of design projects
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
- excellent organisational and communication skills
- ability to manage and prioritise tasks and handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- good written and verbal skills in English; Italian is a plus
- candidates should be prepared for requests to travel
- you should have proficiency in Autocad 2D
- you should have proficiency in 3D software such as Sketch Up
- you should have an advanced knowledge of Adobe creative suite