- Reading, Berkshire
- Full-Time, Permanent
About the Role
The Accommodation Manager is an essential role within the structure of the Accommodation Team, they are there to develop and build relationships between the tenants, the parents, the staff, the universities with which they are connected to and their clients. Collegiate AC want to provide their tenants with a warm welcoming environment in which they live and the Accommodation Manager is there to ensure that this is happening.
- To lead and manage the Accommodation Office to ensure the smooth running of all services to meet tenant needs.
- Drive excellent customer service and create high standards amongst the Accommodation Team to provide customers with a first-class service
- Ensure a warm, welcoming environment to students, parent and visitors to the site
- Attend various meetings representing the Accommodations Team at a senior level both internally and externally and follow up actions in a timely manner. This is with the university accommodation team and our client.
- Staff recruitment
- Set individual staff objectives, providing support to develop the skills of staff to deliver excellent customer service.
- Conduct appraisals and handle any disciplinary matters.
- Ensuring the sites are safe environments in which to live and work
- Rental collections in line with a predetermined schedule.
- Being part of an out of hours rota for dealing with emergencies.
- Supporting the management of the site in compliance with ANUK National Code of Standards.
- Carrying out regular flat inspections
- Responding to tenant queries and maintenance issues throughout the academic year.
- Dealing with all aspects of the site mobilisation to ensure that the development is ready for occupation by the tenants
- Knowledge of working in purpose build student accommodation
- Experience in hospitality, facilities management or property management desirable
- Excellent interpersonal Skills and organisational skills
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of P&L and Budgets
- Excellent Communication and customer care skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- The ability to manage staff members
- Working as a team player and the ability to help/train other staff members
- An ability to remain impartial and demonstrate an understanding of mediation and actively/positively develop the student experience.