The Accommodation Manager role is a key function within our business and the driving force within our student accommodation buildings. As the Accommodation Manager, you will be responsible for all areas of the sales, health and safety, marketing and finance within the operation of your building, whilst being supported by your on-site team and the Collegiate Head Office teams. You will directly report to Collegiate Head of Operations for the North and be part of the team in the North of England and Scotland.
This role is based in one of Collegiate’s most iconic buildings within our collection, boasting a wide range of luxurious facilities including 200 studio apartments, cinema, bar, gym, private dining room, games room and private club lounge bar. We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing manager with a strong sales background to go above and beyond to lead your accommodation team in this challenging student market to achieve 100% occupancy, whilst delivering an outstanding student living experience.
- To lead and manage the Accommodation Team at your site to ensure the smooth running of all services to meet tenant and client needs.
- Be accountable for the Sales Performance of student accommodation lettings, creating and driving an enthusiastic and focused accommodation team to deliver 100% occupancy of the accommodation.
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of the site in line with statutory legislation and internal company procedures.
- Manage and be accountable for the site P&L to ensure that all operational and site costs are kept within Budget.
- Responsible for planning, implementation and delivery of Summer Turnaround of the accommodation building which involves project managing the successful cleaning and maintenance of the building during the period of student changeover.
- Ensure that all debt from charges and arrears at site collected in line with company procedures.
- Drive excellent customer service and create high standards amongst the Accommodation Team to provide tenants and clients with a first-class service.
- Engage with third party suppliers and local business to create a bespoke events and activities program for the student tenants on site.
- Attend various meetings representing Collegiate both internally and externally and follow up actions in a timely manner.
- Recruitment and training of the Accommodation Team at site.
- Set individual staff objectives, providing support to develop the skills of your staff to deliver excellent customer service.
- Conduct appraisals and handle any disciplinary matters.
- Rental collections and conducting the arrears process in line with company policy.
- Being part of the escalation management team dealing with out of hours site emergencies.
- Management of the site in compliance with ANUK National Code of Standards.
- Carrying out termly apartment inspections.
- Managing the onsite maintenance team and third party contracted maintenance and engineers; in response to reactive and pre planned maintenance.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required to cover other sites or as part of career progression.
- Management experience
- Experience of targeted sales and managing a team to achieve excellent results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written, face to face and telephone
- Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience in hospitality, facilities management or property management desirable
- Understanding of P&L and Budgets
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of the Student Accommodation market
- Previous experience of working in student accommodation sector
- Experience of running stands at conferences or events.
- MAC literate
Please apply via Indeed using the following link: https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?t=accommodation+manager&jk=b20d67e102b08883&_ga=2.83681942.1804354375.1587974250-1328358292.1586856264