Frequently Asked Questions
The amenities, accommodation and location are second to none at Newcastle’s Plummer House. Our friendly concierge team are always on hand to help, but if you want answers in advance, why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions?
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and wifi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms
- Contents insurance - You are covered for basic contents insurance through Endsligh Insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). However, upgrades are avaiable and information will be provided in your welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24 hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. The provider of the internet services is Ask4. They have a 24hour support line should you need it. (ask4.com/support)
Please see ‘Rents’ for downloadable pricing schedule and dates.
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they wish to pay in three instalments. The first instalment must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of the tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students live at Plummer House, including post-graduate students and international students from both Newcastle University and the University of Northumbria.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together.
Refer a friend - Terms and Conditions.
Offer commences 22nd February and may be removed at any time (Fusion Students reserves the right to extend the offer).
In order to be eligible, customer must have paid deposit; signed tenancy agreement; supplied all required ID documentation; and paid 1st instalment.
Offer is applied per room and not per person (cash back for Double Occupancy bookings will be paid to lead tenant* on tenancy agreement).
Cash back will be transferred to bank account details supplied to site team.
Cash back cannot be used against rent or any other charge.
*lead tenant is the customer that made the booking and whose name appears first on tenancy agreement
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the Plummer House student accommodation in Newcastle. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.