St Mark's Apartments
Frequently Asked Questions
The amenities, accommodation and location are second to none at Lincoln’s St Mark's Apartments. Our friendly on site management staff are always on hand to help, but if you want answers in advance, why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions?
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and wifi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms (Upgrades available)
- Contents insurance through Endsleigh www.endsleigh.co.uk (Upgrades available)
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred. Please ensure you fill out a council tax exemption form. www.gov.uk/council-tax/full-time-students
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For two bedroom apartments, the TV will be situated in the kitchen/lounge area. You will be responsible for purchasing a TV licence for this TV. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom, but please note, you are responsible for providing your own TV licence. www.tvlicensing.co.uk
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24 hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Internet services are provided by Ask4 who have a helpline to call should you have any issues with the set up of your internet. All this information will be provided in your welcome packs.www.ask4.com/support
A wide range of students live at St Mark's Apartments in Lincoln, including postgraduate students and international students from both the University of Lincoln and Bishop Grosseteste University.
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the St Mark's Apartments student accommodation in Lincoln. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.