St Mark's Court
Frequently Asked Questions
The amenities, accommodation and location are second to none at Leeds’ St Mark's Court. Our friendly on site management staff are always on hand to help, but if you want answers in advance, why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions?
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and wifi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms (Upgrades available)
- Contents insurance through Endsleigh www.endsleigh.co.uk (Upgrades available)
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred. Please ensure you fill out a council tax exemption form. www.gov.uk/council-tax/full-time-students
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24 hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions.
Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Internet services are provided by Ask4 who have a helpline to call should you have any issues with the set up of your internet. All this information will be provided in your welcome packs (www.ask4.com/support).
Please see ‘Rents’ for pricing schedule and dates.
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they wih to pay in instalments. Payments can then be made in three instalments – the first one of which must be paid ten days in advance of the start of the tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students will be living at St Mark's Court, including post-graduate students and international students from all over the world.
Yes, of course! Please let us have details at the time of booking (please include this information in the 'preferences' box) and we will always try and accommodate friends together.
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the St Marks Court student accommodation in Leeds. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.