Frequently asked questions
Claremont House provides Glasgow’s premier student accommodation and part of that offering is a helpful, friendly service. Our on-site manager is happy to help, or we may have already answered your query in our handy frequently asked questions section.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and wifi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms (Upgrades available)
- Contents insurance through Endsleigh www.endsleigh.co.uk (Upgrades available)
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred. Please ensure you fill out a council tax exemption form. www.gov.uk/council-tax/full-time-students
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24 hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Internet services are provided by Ask4 who have a helpline to call should you have any issues with the set up of your internet. All this information will be provided in your welcome packs.www.ask4.com/support
A wide range of students will be living at Claremont House, including post-graduate students and international students from all over the world.
Our laundry room machines are fully maintained and very simple to use. Machine availability is viewable online through the Circuit Laundry website (www.circuit.co.uk).This means you can see when machines are available and when your wash is finished and ready to go and collect. A top-up card is distributed with welcome packs and cards can be topped up in increments of £5 to the value of £80. A wash costs £2.90 and £1.40 for a dry.
Yes, of course! Please let us have details at the time of booking (please include this information in the 'preferences' box) and we will always try and accommodate friends together.
We're here to help!
We hope that we have provided plenty of information to cover any questions that you might have regarding living at Claremont House in Glasgow, but if not why not get in touch and let us know how we can help you.
As part of our thorough service, we also provide a helpful Student Advice section, which is packed full of hints, tips and other info about how to live student life to the max.