Dean Clarke Lofts
Frequently asked questions
The amenities, accommodation and location are second to none at Exeter's Dean Clarke Lofts. Our friendly on site management staff are always on hand to help, but if you want answers in advance, why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions?
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance is provided through Endsleigh insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). Upgrades are available and details will be given out with the welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
A flat-screen, 37 inch smart HD TV is provided in every one bedroom student loft.
You will be responsible for providing a TV licence should you use a TV in your room/apartment (www.tvlicensing.co.uk).
If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom.
roadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24-hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Ask4 provide the internet and they have a 24-hour support line should you need it (www.ask4.com/support).
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they would like to pay in 3 instalments - the first one of which must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of their tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students and professionals in-training live at Collegiate's Dean Clarke Lofts student accommodation, including post-graduate students, international students and students from The University of Exeter.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together.
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the Dean Clarke Lofts student accommodation in Exeter. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.