You should find all the answers to your questions here, but if not, please don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our friendly on-site staff.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance is provided through Endsleigh insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). Upgrades are available and details will be given out with the welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
Our laundry room machines are fully maintained and very simple to use. Machine availability is viewable on-line through the Circuit Laundry website (www.circuit.co.uk). This means you can see when machines are free and also when your wash has finished.
A top-up card is distributed with welcome packs and cards can be topped up in increments of £10 to the value of £80. The cost of a wash is £2.60 and £1.10 for a dry.
A flat-screen TV is provided in all three, four and five bedroom apartments, the TV will be situated in the shared lounge area.
If you have brought your own TV, you'll be pleased to hear that there is a TV aerial point in your room.
You will however be responsible for providing a TV licence should you watch TV in your room or shared lounge area (www.tvlicensing.co.uk).
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24-hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. CableCom provide the internet.
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they would like to pay in 3 instalments - the first one of which must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of their tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students live at Collegiate's McDonald Road student accommodation, including post-graduate students, international students and students from Edinburgh University, Queen Margaret’s University, Heriot Watt and Napier University.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together.