Frequently asked questions
The amenities, accommodation and location are second to none at Edinburgh’s Buccleuch Street. Our friendly on site management staff are always on hand to help, but if you want answers in advance, why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions?
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and wifi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms (Upgrades available)
- Contents insurance through Endsleigh www.endsleigh.co.uk (Upgrades available)
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred. Please ensure you fill out a council tax exemption form. www.gov.uk/council-tax/full-time-students
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For two bedroom apartments, the TV will be situated in the kitchen/lounge area. You will be responsible for purchasing a TV licence for this TV. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom, but please note, you are responsible for providing your own TV licence. www.tvlicensing.co.uk
A wide range of students will be living at Buccleuch Street , including post-graduate students and international students from all over the world.
Yes, of course! Please let us have details at the time of booking (please include this information in the 'preferences' box) and we will always try and accommodate friends together.
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they would like to pay in 3 instalments - the first one of which must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of their tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the Buccleuch Street student apartments in Edinburgh. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.