Frequently Asked Questions
The amenities, accommodation and location are second to none at Cardiff’s Eclipse. Our friendly on site management staff are always on hand to help, but if you want answers in advance, why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions?
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance is provided through Endsleigh insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). Upgrades are available and details will be given out with the welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For all apartments, the TV will be situated in the lounge area - you and your flat mates will be responsible for getting a TV licence. If you are in a studio, you will also be responsible for getting a TV licence. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom (www.tvlicensing.co.uk).
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24-hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Ask4 provide the internet and they have a 24-hour support line should you need it (www.ask4.com/support).
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they would like to pay in 3 instalments - the first one of which must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of their tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together.
A wide range of students will live at Eclipse, including post-graduate students and international students.
Refer a friend - Terms and Conditions.
Offer commences 22nd February 2017 and may be removed at any time (Fusion Students reserves the right to extend the offer).
In order to be eligible, customer must have paid deposit; signed tenancy agreement; supplied all required ID documentation; and paid 1st instalment.
Offer is applied per room and not per person (cash back for Double Occupancy bookings will be paid to lead tenant* on tenancy agreement).
Cash back will be transferred to bank account details supplied to site team.
Cash back cannot be used against rent or any other charge.
*lead tenant is the customer that made the booking and whose name appears first on tenancy agreement
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the Eclipse student accommodation in Cardiff. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.