William and Matthew House
We hope to have answered all your questions, but if not you may find the answer here.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- HIgh-speed internet and wifi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms (Upgrades available)
- Contents insurance through Endsleigh www.endsleigh.co.uk (Upgrades available)
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred. Please ensure you fill out a council tax exemption form. www.gov.uk/council-tax/full-time-students
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For three bedroom apartments, the TV will be situated in the kitchen/lounge area. You will be responsible for purchasing a TV licence for this TV. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom, but please note, you are responsible for providing your own TV licence. www.tvlicensing.co.uk
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24 hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by yourself, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Internet services are provided by Ask4 who have a helpline to call should you have any issues with the set up of your internet. All this information will be provided in your welcome packs.www.ask4.com/support
A wide range of students will be living at William and Matthew House , including post-graduate students and international students from all over the world.
Yes, of course! Please let us have details at the time of booking (please include this information in the 'preferences' box) and we will always try and accommodate friends together.
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into the William and Matthew House student apartments in Bristol. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.