Frequently asked questions
Facilities, location and accommodation are second to none at Fusion Tower and our friendly concierge staff are always on hand to help. But in the meantime, here are some frequently asked questions about our amazing student accommodation in Bristol.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance is provided through Endsleigh insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). Upgrades are available and details will be given out with the welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
Our laundry room machines are fully maintained and very simple to use. Machine availability is viewable on-line through the Circuit Laundry website (www.circuit.co.uk). This means you can see when machines are free and also when your wash has finished. A top-up card is distributed with welcome packs and cards can be topped up in increments of £10 to the value of £80. The cost of a wash is £2.60 and £1.10 for a dry.
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For all apartments, the TV will be situated in the lounge area - you and your flat mates will be responsible for getting a TV licence. If you are in a studio, you will also be responsible for getting a TV licence. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom (www.tvlicensing.co.uk).
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24-hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Ask4 provide the internet and they have a 24-hour support line should you need it (www.ask4.com/support).
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they would like to pay in 3 instalments - the first one of which must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of their tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students live at Collegiate's Fusion Tower, including post-graduate students, international students and students from UWE and the University of Bristol.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together.
We're here to help!
We hope that we've managed to answer many of the questions that you might have with regards to moving into Fusion Tower student accommodation in Bristol. However, if there's anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, check out our Student Advice section, which provides lots of useful information for students.