Frequently asked questions
Facilities, location and accommodation are second to none at College Green Apartments and our friendly concierge staff are always on hand to help with any questions about your student apartments. But in the meantime, do take a look at some of our frequently asked questions.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance - We pay for your basic contents insurance cover through Endsleigh Insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance) Upgrades are available and information will be provided with your welcome packs.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
Our laundry room machines are fully maintained and very simple to use. Machine availability is viewable on-line through Circuit Laundry (www.circuit.co.uk). This means you can see when machines are avaialable and also when your wash has finished. A top-up card is distributed with welcome packs and cards can be topped up in increments of £10 to the value of £80. A wash is £2.60 and a dry is £1.10.
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For two bedroom apartments, the TV will be situated in the lounge area. You will be responsible as an individual or an apartment to ensure you have a TV licence. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom, but please note, again, you are responsible for providing your own TV licence (www.tvlicensing.co.uk).
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24-hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. The internet is provided by Ask4 (www.ask4.com/support) who have 24-hour support should you need it.
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they wish to pay in 3 instalments. The first instalment must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the tenancy start date.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students live at College Green student apartments in Bristol, including postgraduate students and international students from both the University of Bristol and UWE.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together if possible.