Frequently asked questions
Facilities, location and student accommodation are second to none at Edge Apartments and our friendly concierge staff are always on hand to help. But in the meantime, here are some of our frequently asked questions.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance - You have a basic cover provided by Endsleigh Insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). Upgrades are available and information will be included in your welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
Our laundry room machines are brand new, fully maintained and very simple to use. Machine availability is viewable on-line through the Circuit Laundry website (www.circuit.co.uk). This means you can view when machines are free and also when your wash has finished. A top-up card is distributed with welcome packs and cards can be topped up in increments of £10 to the value of £80. The cost of a wash is £2.60 and a dry is £1.10.
A flat-screen, 32 inch TV with 40 channels is provided in every apartment and studio. For one, two and three bedroom apartments, the TV will be situated in the lounge area. Please note, you will be responsible for supplying a TV licence. If you’ve brought your own TV, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s a TV aerial point in your bedroom, but please note, you are responsible for providing your own TV licence (www.tvlicensing.co.uk).
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24 hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions. Upgrade options available - up to 100Mb/s. Internet is provided by Ask4 who have a 24-hour support line should you need any assistance (https://support.ask4.com/). Details will be given out with the welcome packs.
Students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they wish to pay in 3 instalments. The first instalment must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of the tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
A wide range of students will live at Edge Apartments, including post-graduate students and international students.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and accommodate friends and students from the same university together.