Frequently asked questions
Facilities, location and accommodation are second to none at Brook Studios and our friendly concierge staff are always on hand to help. But in the meantime, here are some frequently asked questions about our student accommodation.
- All utilities - electric, gas and water - are included in the rent on a ‘fair usage allowance’ with hot water available 24-hours per day.
- Heaters are controlled individually by the tenants in their rooms.
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi throughout the building, including bedrooms and ethernet cable connection in bedrooms.
- Contents insurance is provided through Endsleigh insurance (www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/student-insurance). Upgrades are available and details will be given out with the welcome pack.
- Council Tax – students are exempt from paying council tax, however some councils may charge tenants out of term time, therefore the tenant is liable for any council tax charges that may be incurred.
Our laundry room machines are fully maintained and very simple to use.
Broadband and Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, 24-hours a day. Wired connections are available via an Ethernet cable, supplied by the concierge team, and connected to the wall socket in your room – simply open your web browser and follow the instructions.
All students will need to provide evidence of a UK based guarantor such as a family member or friend if they would like to pay in 3 instalments - the first one of which must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the start of their tenancy.
If students are unable to provide a UK based guarantor, payment will need to be paid a year in advance, in full, at least 10 days prior to tenancy start dates.
Please let us have details at the time of booking and we will always try and where possible accommodate friends and students from the same university together.