Trainee Client Accountant
- Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Full-Time, Permanent
Collegiate AC is a leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK & Europe, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The main duties of the role will cover UK and European sites and includes:
- Processing of all client invoices onto accounting system and assist in preparation of any tenant invoices/client funding requests as required
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, dealing with supplier queries, and preparation of supplier payment runs
- Bank reconciliations, to import the statements from the bank to accounting system daily and investigate any discrepancies
- Processing of tenancy and other updates in a timely fashion, including raising/recording rental demands on accounting system
- To assist the client accountant in producing the client monthly quarterly and annual accounts, including analysis of performance variances
- Preparation of tenant rental schedules including any deferred income
- Assisting with expenses and site payroll as required
- Calculation of client rental repatriations
- To assist with the accruals and prepayments schedule
- To liaise and work closely with the accommodation teams
- Assist with client, tenant, and site staff enquiries
- To attend nominated sites during move in weekends (annual)
- Protecting tenant deposits and processing the return of deposits within prescribed timescales
- To review the tenant aged debtors report and assist with any arrears collections where necessary
- Assist with client audit requests, and any other ad-hoc client reports
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to new team members
- Filing and other ad-hoc duties required.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work within demanding timeframes.
- Use of Microsoft Office, previous experience of accounting package(s)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skill and ability to work to, and sometime implement own processes
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Working as a team player and the ability to help/train other staff members
- Previous experience of accounts preparation.
- Evidence of progress towards AAT/ACCA/CIM