Trainee Client Accountant
- Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Full-time, Permanent
The role of Trainee Client Accountant is an integral part of the client accounts team. The main function of the role is to process all accounting transactions and then to assist the client accountant in producing monthly accounts for each site, which are sent to external clients for their review and records. They are also responsible for providing support to the Head of Accounts / Client Accounts Manager where needed, this may be in adhoc projects and requests from clients in helping to maintain the accounting system and uploading new information i.e. new rent levels, new properties, new tenancy lengths.
· Invoice Processing, to process all client invoices onto accounting system CML.
· Petty Cash, reconcile and process all petty cash claims for all sites.
· Statements, to reconcile all supplier statements.
· Bank Statements, download and process all banking entries daily ensuring all rents are allocated correctly and any other ad-hoc payments.
· Bank reconciliations, to import the statements from the bank to accounting system CML daily and investigate any discrepancies.
· Return of deposits, to process all return of deposits within the given timescales.
· Ensure tenants deposits are protected using My Deposits within 30 days of start date and the client is recharged.
· CML and Tenant updates, to ensure that any adjustments required on the tenants ledger to include room moves, refunds and additional charges are processed daily.
· To assist the client accountant in producing the client month end accounts.
· Prepare bacs payment runs for Head of Accounts.
· To assist with the accruals and prepayments schedule.
· Close and open periods with the accounting system CML.
· To liaise and work closely with the accommodation teams
· Assist with tenant enquiries where required at busy times.
· To attend the site, move in weekends.
· To review the tenant aged debtors report and assist with any arrears collections where necessary.
· Filing and any other ad-hoc duties required.
· Previous experience of accounts preparation
· Microsoft Office, previous experience of accounting package CML
· Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with tenants and clients
· Good organisational skill and ability to work to, and sometime implement own processes
· Excellent communication skills
· Proactive approach to problem solving
· Capable of working with minimum supervision
·Working as a team player and the ability to help/train other staff members
.Must be Spanish speaking
AAT/ ACCA or training towards