Collegiate AC is the leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
About this role
- Head of Digital – The Systems Administrator is responsible for all system administration tasks and will work closely with the Head of Digital on our systems development roadmap to support business growth, lead innovation and keep us ahead of the competition.
- IT Manager – Work closely with the IT Manager to ensure dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running.
- Operations Support Teams – Assist in troubleshooting, identifying root cause and provide technical support when needed. Provide training for first line systems support contacts.
- Site Management Teams – Provide documentation and training for new releases.
- External Suppliers / Agencies – Manage external partners and projects to communicate project status, activities and achievements.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to oversee our systems infrastructure, manage our databases, and plan and implement innovative solutions to support our business objectives and provide commercial advantage in a highly competitive market.
This is a new role due to business growth. We are creating a focussed digital systems team to help us continue to develop a robust yet innovative systems environment that underpins our business processes and success. You will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation’s overall systems strategy and build a team of experts eager to use and grow their technological skills.
You will join our in-house Digital team and work under the direction of the Head of Digital to provide operational and technical support for the Collegiate database environment; protect our critical information, systems and assets; build solutions; implement new software; provide training and assist in the development of our overall systems roadmap.
We rely on our systems to help our company reach students all over the world and you’ll help empower our innovations, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives and take ownership and responsibility.
In a complex and growing organisation like ours, you’ll need patience, persuasion and determination to help deliver our objectives. With over 30 locations in the UK and dozens of new initiatives, there is plenty of opportunity but no simple answers.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to a technology-based business model that creates real-world solutions for our on-site teams, support functions and residents.
Government guidelines allowing, you’ll get the opportunity to travel to our student residences.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear.
The key duties for the role are:
- Database management.
- Perform systems administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, data protection, resource monitoring, ensuring systems architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Interact with operations support and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Creating SQL queries, modifying HTML files, creating scheduled tasks on servers and in application.
- Own projects, solutions and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative.
- Creating and testing advanced software configuration changes in line with systems development roadmap and to accommodate user requests.
- Researching, testing, documenting and training new users for software releases.
- Handle business-critical systems that provide commercial advantage in a global marketplace.
- Develop and streamline mobilisation tasks, including data loading and payment gateway set up
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights.
- Nurture dependable systems infrastructure that’s always up and running.
- Perform routine / scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
- Develop expertise in multiple supported applications, such as StarRez, Salesforce, and other inter-connected applications and interfaces.
- Assist in planning, obtaining software and hardware, testing, documenting workflows, and performing application upgrades.
- Liaise with external partners to plan projects, integrations, activities and achievements.
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge
- REST APIs
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Working knowledge of SQL, scripting and procedural programming concepts.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Effective decision-maker able to balance long-term goals with short-term needs.
- Ability to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and function within a team environment.
- Comfortable in assuming ownership, driving results and innovation; anticipating and overcoming challenges.
- Analytical and data-driven; motivated by growth opportunities.
- Highly organised, flexible and hands-on.
- Accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business.
- Previous experience working in a systems environment in the PBSA sector
- It is your personal responsibility to work within Collegiate’s policies, procedures and processes at all times. For the purposes of clarity, this includes but is not limited to, items such as our employment policies, health and safety policies, equal opportunities, data protection, compliance and money laundering responsibilities.
- All employees will act in accordance with appropriate professional and legislative regulations and codes of conduct
- The Company expects all employees to maintain good standards of electronic and/or paper filling as required in their role
- You will be expected to carry out all aspects of your role profile and any additional responsibilities as requested from time to time
Please apply via Indeed by clicking here.