Collegiate AC is the leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
About this role
- Digital Marketing Manager – The Social Media Executive is responsible for creating and executing Collegiate’s social media campaigns; supporting the overall strategies created by the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Graphic Designers – Responsible for collaborating with and briefing the Graphic Designers to create on-brand social campaign assets.
- Marketing Team & Senior Managers – Responsible for producing regular reports on campaign performance and sentiment on social marketing platforms
- Site Teams – The Social Media Executive will work closely with site teams to develop a supportive network of colleagues to help produce assets for social media campaigns and create local content.
- Students & Parents – The Social Media Executive is responsible for engaging with and managing the responses and dialogue with our residents and their parents on our social channels, ensuring brand enhancing relationships at all times.
- Content Collaborators – Reaching out to and managing communications with external partners to ensure successful collaborations.
- Digital Marketing Apprentice – The Social Media Executive will be able to delegate certain tasks and provide on-the-job training to the Digital Marketing Apprentice.
The Social Media Executive will play a key role in accelerating our public engagement and lead the development of our social media strategy under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager.
In a complex organisation like ours, you’ll need patience and persuasion to develop a supportive network of colleagues to help you deliver our objectives. With over 30 locations in the UK and dozens of new initiatives, there is plenty of opportunity but no simple answers.
You’ll relish the challenge of building our online communities with your experience and analytical skills backing you up.
Although you know a lot about your field, you’ll never know it all. We are looking for someone who’s driven to keep learning, improve things and isn’t afraid to fail.
Government guidelines allowing, you’ll get the opportunity to travel to residences to create social media assets on-site and deliver training to local team members.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear. We’re creating a focussed digital marketing team and you will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation’s digital presence.
The key duties for the role are:
- Create, monitor and develop our social media profiles, marketing activity and engagement
- Develop and maintain a calendar of content, planning ahead on marketing-led and topical/seasonal social campaigns
- Create and deliver specific social campaigns from early concept through launch to measuring effectiveness in line with agreed strategy
- Actively manage consumer engagement through our social media marketing channels as a means to raise brand perceptions, create positive interactions and increase followers on each channel
- Grow Collegiate’s digital community, building a deeper understanding of our audiences, their interests and motivations to gain actionable insight to strengthen the connection to the brand
- Contribute towards regular reporting on the performance of social media campaigns, reviewing results by tactic to proactively recognise and optimise audience interactions, and inform on future content briefs
- Monitor and inform upon the health and sentiment towards the brand on social platforms
- Challenge business as usual, seek out innovation, disrupt so we stand out in a competitive market
- Collaborate with key in-house team members and external partners
- Create social media guidelines and in-house training documents to empower the wider team to effectively contribute to our social marketing programmes
- Ad hoc tasks
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required.
- A social media enthusiast; you live and breathe this channel and are fanatical about its future.
- Aware of and engaged on trends, developments and new thinking in social / digital media
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and keep calm under pressure
- Someone who’s driven to improve things through measurement and analysis
- Passionate, energetic and hungry to keep learning
- Adventurous and willing to try new approaches, open to learn from failures
- Agile, adaptable and resilient; able to switch between strategies and tactics
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative working environment
You’ll need to have…
- A proven track record of growing and engaging the right social audiences and communities of brand advocates, and an understanding of consumers and how to translate behaviours into insights and actions.
- Previous experience managing budgets and campaigns, including research, forecasting, planning, execution and performance analysis
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising / branding and customers.
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately.
- Strong copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills with good attention to detail.
- Excellent grasp of the English language, both written and oral.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Good analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics tools and social media reporting tools, with the ability to recognise trends and gain insights into areas of improvement
- Online community management and customer service skills to spark positive interactions for the brand.
- An understanding and experience of the ‘paid’ aspects of social and digital and the commercial drivers of success.
- Experience of using Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Ads Manager among other social advertising platforms to build, optimise and analyse.
- An ability to effectively communicate both on and offline, including the ability to form strong relationships
- It is your personal responsibility to work within Collegiate’s policies, procedures and processes at all times. For the purposes of clarity, this includes but is not limited to, items such as our employment policies, health and safety policies, equal opportunities, data protection, compliance and money laundering responsibilities.
- All employees will act in accordance with appropriate professional and legislative regulations and codes of conduct
- The Company expects all employees to maintain good standards of electronic and/or paper filling as required in their role
- You will be expected to carry out all aspects of your role profile and any additional responsibilities as requested from time to time