Senior Client Accountant
- Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Full-Time, Permanent
Collegiate AC is a leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK & Europe, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The Client Accounts team form a critical part of the delivery of outstanding service to our clients.
The main purpose of this role is to provide (i) oversight and guidance in the delivery of accurate and timely management reporting to all our client, alongside, and (ii) take direct responsibility for delivery of a limited portfolio of client management reports.
Oversight and Guidance
As Senior Client Accountant you will form a key part of the Client Accounting team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising and training team members as required in the preparation and delivery of high-quality financial reporting to clients.
- Reviewing and approving client reports prepared by colleagues in the Client Accounts team, validating inputs, and amending and adjusting variance or other commentary prior to releasing reports to clients.
- Maintaining oversight of all client delivery deadlines to ensure client expectations are met.
- Liaising with clients and responding on technical queries across the portfolio, dealing with them in a thorough, articulate, technically competent, and helpful way.
- Working closely with the Commercial Analyst, and the Asset & Development Team, provide input on budgeting, forecasting related projects.
- Oversight of all banking arrangements, card acquiring, HMRC and other ad hoc relationships on behalf of the Client Accounts team.
- Attendance at client or other meetings as required by the Senior Management
You will be responsible and accountable for the client reporting for a small portfolio of clients together with any associated accounting transactions from invoice processing to audit.
The key duties and responsibilities for this element of the role are:
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Processing and payment of invoices.
- Processing CML amendments.
- Management of Site Aged Debtor reports.
- Managing the client relationship and client queries.
- Production of weekly and monthly tenant’s invoice file.
- Processing expenses.
- Processing of Repatriation of rental income to Clients.
- Liaise with Suppliers and tenants when required to settle outstanding queries.
- Rent calls, raising demands, cashback incentives on tenant accounts
- Analysis of monthly financial results, including variance and trend analysis.
- Produce commentary and presentations, including for clients and the senior management team.
- To manage the client’s sites debtors and creditors positions.
- Processing refunds and transacting invoice payments for the clients
- Provide financial support and modelling to support the development of client plans and strategy.
- Be responsible for key areas of the budget and strategic planning processes, including working with Regional Heads to produce a full P&L bottom-up forecast for client properties & portfolios.
- Assist in the development of effective comparison of performance data across the client and property portfolio to help drive continuous improvement in operating practices.
- Develop, produce and enhance high quality monthly management information packs.
- Ad hoc tasks
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (e.g. move in weekends). Travel may be required.
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification held.
- Commercially experienced with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work within demanding timeframes.
- Advanced Excel skills to include working with Pivots and V-Lookups.
- Excellent organisational skills, especially in relation to the analysis of a large volume of data.
- Proven financial modelling skills: particularly overhead reporting, P&L models, scenario analysis tools.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and changing requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly both oral and written with people at all levels.
- Strong team player, evidencing an ability to establish positive working relationships.
- Proactive approach, quick to learn and able to manage own workload.
- Able to produce clear analysis of financial information for dissemination by non-finance people.