- Full-time, Permanent
- £9.21 per hour
Collegiate AC is the Europe’s leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role, and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The key duties for the role are:
- Welcoming residents and visitors to the building, acting as first point of reference and dealing with any queries in a friendly and welcoming way.
- Carrying out regular routine inspections of the building/s, monitoring CCTV and overall security and health & safety.
- Perform any related security duties as required overnight.
- Helping customers, dealing with all enquires, comments and complaints in a calm, professional manner and escalating any matters as required.
- Carry out demonstrations for the correct use of electrical installations e.g. washing machines.
- Help the business maintain a secure and safe environment for residents to include liaison with community officers and police as necessary.
- Respond to any incidents where residents or visitors require assistance. Record and report incidents or hazards accordingly.
- Receiving deliveries to the reception desk and safekeeping parcels and mail.
- To administer any payments for goods and services sold by The Neighbourhood.
- To carry out general tidying duties of the social areas or office as directed, to include, ensuring that common areas are tidy and free from obstruction and to assist in setting up the breakfast club.
- To attend training and development courses and to assist in the training and development of all others to ensure high standard of customer service is met.
- Work a 4-week shift Rota covering predominately night shifts and weekends, with some day and evenings hours.
- Assist in processing and responding to maintenance requests in a timely manner and escalate any requests, as necessary, to the Facilities Manager.
- To be responsible for a set of master keys and using these appropriately for fire alarms and any emergency situations.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of the building and residents.
Strong Interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of customers is an essential part of the job. Experience of working with the public, handling unpredictable behaviour.
Be happy to work alone or as part of a team and engage positively with student residents, colleagues and other visitors to the building.
The post holder needs to be confident and outgoing but able to identify when a situation needs to be escalated. We are looking for someone who is reliable and hardworking with a can do attitude able to deal confidently and politely with a wide range of situations including requests for assistance from customers, contractors and visitors and fire alarm activations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluent English.
- No other specific or prior knowledge and experience is required.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience in a facilities management environment with appropriate knowledge of security, fire regulations and health & safety legislation.
- GSCE or equivalent B grade in Math and English.