- Full-time, Permanent
About Collegiate AC
Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of superior student accommodation across some of the UK’s top university cities, offering to both students and parents – great value, superb facilities and peace of mind. With our unrivalled record and expertise, Collegiate AC delivers student living,
The foundation for our success is providing the best quality, well-located, safe accommodation that is close to university campuses, transport and local amenities. Our rent includes all bills including insurance, utilities and broadband/Wi-Fi.
A key factor of our success has been the careful development and pro-active management of our buildings.
For more information visit our website: www.collegiate-ac.com
Purpose of the role
The Maintenance Manager will be required to report to the General Manager and will also work closely with the Accommodation Manager. The Maintenance Manager is required to provide support and assistance to the Accommodation Manager to ensure that the accommodation buildings, utilities, plant, machinery and equipment are properly maintained, making appropriate recommendations for planned maintenance as required.
In addition, the Maintenance Manager will undertake a range of maintenance tasks and duties to support the upkeep of the property, these tasks will be expected to be carried out without direct supervision and to provide a rapid response service to deal with problems/breakdowns
To ensure downtime of equipment is minimised through planning of work and provide an adequate response to breakdowns and client problems.
Provide safe, adequate, efficient, and effective facilities / equipment and services for all site users.
Ensure compliance with legislation, company policy, and management systems
The candidate will be required to contact and book appropriate contractors and obtain quotes. The Maintenance Manager will need to brief qualified trades personnel and assist tradesmen and supervise when on site as necessary.
Duties in detail
The duties of the Maintenance Manager may take place in all areas of the Student Accommodation and will include the following:
· Provide hands on maintenance skills in keeping the clients site services and critical processes of the business operational.
· Plan and undertake planned maintenance & reactive maintenance works for services, plant & equipment that are placed under your control and responsibility.
· Carry out all statutory PPM’s weekly monthly checks and record in Collegiate logbooks
· Provide effective communication to colleagues and superiors.
· Manage health, safety and the environmental issues in line with company policy.
· To work flexibly including overtime as required to ensure maintenance activities are undertaken.
· From time to time shift working may be required to enable planned maintenance work to be undertaken or to meet client sites needs.
· Minor Plumbing – unblocking showers/basins wastes, cleaning shower heads, replacing shower hoses, replacing washers on taps and ball valves, repairing or replacing plugs and chains, repairing or replacing WC seats and lids, unblocking drains, rodding and cleaning waste pipes, cleaning filters on heat recovery units and maintenance tasks of similar nature.
· Minor Electrical – Keeping records of electrical fitments, changing lamps, identifying defects in fixtures and fittings, resetting tripped fuses and replacing lamp holders, lamps, plugs and leads, cleaning extractor fans and maintenance tasks of a similar nature.
· Maintaining Clean approach to work undertaken throughout the building.
· Maintaining inventory records of any stock items and maintenance tasks of a similar nature.
· Grounds – maintaining the outside of the property including litter picking, sweeping leaves etc. Assisting with disposal of rubbish, keeping the bin store clear of litter on the floor.
· Any adhoc duties within reason to maintain the building.
Health and Safety
Health and Safety matters are an important aspect to the operation of the Student Accommodation for which Collegiate are required to keep comprehensive and accurate records. The use of a computer based Health and Safety system aids in the up keep of records.
Skills / Key Measures
· The candidate should have a range of general maintenance skills and competence understand basic FM statutory compliance tests
· Worked in a similar environment
· Basic logbook and record keeping
· Basic computer skills – not essential as training can be offered.
· To be Client focused at all times.
· To have an adaptable and flexible approach.
· To be able to communicate in an effective manner with Clients, Service Engineers and other members of the department.
· To maintain a professional stance at all times and demonstrate loyalty and commitment to the Company.
· Safety or environmental accidents or incidents.
· Quality of works carried out
· Equipment stoppage /downtime
· Number of breakdowns by site
· PPM completion V’s PPM due (% complete)
· PPM overdue
· Achieve SLA’s on breakdown and repairs
General Manager and Accommodation Manager
Hours of Work:
Based on a 37.5 hours week, and also on call rota.
Move in weekends and checks out weekends are essential weekends that must be worked by the management team.