Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role, and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The key duties for the role are:
- Provide hands on maintenance skills in keeping the clients’ site services and critical processes of the business operational.
- Plan and undertake planned maintenance & reactive maintenance works for services, plant & equipment that are placed under your control and responsibility.
- Carry out all statutory PPM’s weekly monthly checks and record in Collegiate logbooks
- Provide effective communication to colleagues and superiors.
- Manage health, safety and the environmental issues in line with company policy.
- To work flexibly including overtime as required to ensure maintenance activities are undertaken.
- From time to time shift working may be required to enable planned maintenance work to be undertaken or to meet client site’s needs.
- Minor Plumbing – unblocking showers/basins wastes, cleaning shower heads, replacing shower hoses, replacing washers on taps and ball valves, repairing or replacing plugs and chains, repairing or replacing WC seats and lids, unblocking drains, rodding and cleaning waste pipes, cleaning filters on heat recovery units and maintenance tasks of similar nature.
- Minor Electrical – Keeping records of electrical fitments, changing lamps, identifying defects in fixtures and fittings, resetting tripped fuses and replacing lamp holders, lamps, plugs and leads, cleaning extractor fans and maintenance tasks of a similar nature.
- Cleaning all communal areas and the individual rooms as required by the accommodation team.
- Cleaning student rooms once check out has been done
- Cleaning student rooms when required
- Maintaining inventory records of any stock items and maintenance tasks of a similar nature.
- Grounds – maintaining the outside of the property including litter picking, sweeping leaves etc. Assisting with disposal of rubbish, keeping the bin store clear of litter on the floor
- Ad hoc tasks
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required.
- 1-2 years of maintenance/facilities experience desirable
- The candidate should have a range of general maintenance skills and competence understand basic FM statutory compliance tests
- Worked in a similar environment
- Basic logbook and record keeping
- Basic computer skills – not essential as training can be offered.
- To have an adaptable and flexible approach.
- To be Client focused at all times.
- To be able to communicate in an effective manner with Clients, Service Engineers and other members of the department.
- To maintain a professional stance at all times and demonstrate loyalty and commitment to the Company.
Please apply via Indeed.