Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with our partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The Accommodation Manager role is a key function within our business and the driving force within our student accommodation buildings. As the Accommodation Manager, you will be responsible for all areas of the sales, maintenance, marketing and finance within the operation of your building, whilst being supported by your on-site team, and the Collegiate Head Office teams. The Accommodation Manager will be responsible for implementing best practice through strong leadership, as well as driving a high-quality customer service, sales, maintenance and housekeeping provision. The Property Manager will ensure that the safety and welfare of the students is always paramount.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing manager with a strong sales background to go above and beyond to lead your accommodation team to achieve 100% occupancy whilst delivering an outstanding student living experience.
About this role
- To lead and manage the Accommodation Team at your site to ensure the smooth running of all services to meet tenant and client needs.
- Liaise with the students on a day to day basis, being the point to interface with relating to open days, intake and departures, student wellbeing and behaviour, events management, damage recharges, monthly reporting and attendance at monthly meetings where notified by the Head of Operations.
- Be responsible for organising and managing the check in, check out and room turnaround process and delivery of Summer Turnaround of the accommodation building which involves project managing the successful cleaning and maintenance of the building during the 4- week period of student changeover.
- Be responsible for complaints and flat disputes, ensuring the satisfactory resolution and that the outcome is reported to management where necessary.
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of the site in line with statutory legislation and internal company procedures and management of the site in compliance with ANUK National Code of Standards.
- Take ownership of resolving and supporting with any incidents or accidents which occur out of hours.
- Be responsible for the implementation and measurement of customer experience within the Property which is monitored through internal and external student surveys.
- Be responsible for undertaking Property audits on a regular basis ensuring that safe working practices are in place and contracted services are being delivered to a high quality.
- Ensuring that the property is adequately and appropriately resourced and that the workload is allocated accordingly.
- Manage and develop capability across the property team, raising performance through coaching and feedback, using performance management methods where appropriate.
- Liaison with central support team and management.
- Overall accountability for property performance against KPIs, including customer satisfaction, compliance & financial information.
- Undertake monthly property KPI and financial reporting, ensuring set deadlines are met.
- Instigate new initiatives in conjunction with the University or College relating to student experience or property efficiency, such as, energy saving awareness.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with key client, University, College and local contact personnel and engage with third party suppliers and local business to create a bespoke events and activities program for the student tenants on site.
- Implement and manage service or performance improvements and customer satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the wider property management team to share best practice.
- Hold regular 1-1’s with direct reports and set realistic objectives.
- To be vigilant regarding student welfare issues and to report any student problem or any unusual behaviours to your line manager immediately.
- Be accountable for the Sales Performance of student accommodation lettings, creating and driving an enthusiastic and focused accommodation team to deliver 100% occupancy of the accommodation
- Manage and be accountable for the site P&L to ensure that all operational and site costs are kept within Budget.
- Ensure that all debt from charges and arrears at site collected in line with company procedures
- Drive excellent customer service and create high standards to provide tenants and clients with a first-class service
- Attend meetings representing Collegiate both internally and externally and follow up actions in a timely manner.
- Recruitment and training of the Accommodation Team at site.
- Set individual staff objectives, providing support to develop the skills of your staff to deliver excellent customer service.
- Conduct appraisals and handle any disciplinary matters.
- Rental collections and conducting the arrears process in line with company policy.
- Being part of the escalation management team dealing with out of hours site emergencies.
- Carrying out termly apartment inspections
- Managing the onsite maintenance team and third party contracted maintenance and engineers; in response to reactive and pre planned maintenance.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required to cover other sites or as part of career progression.
- Management experience
- Experience of targeted sales and managing a team to achieve excellent results
- Excellent communication skills in written, face to face and telephone
- Organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience in hospitality, facilities management or property management desirable
- Understanding of P&L and Budgets
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of the Student Accommodation market
- Previous experience of working in student accommodation sector
- Experience of running stands at conferences or events.
- MAC literate
- Experience of the Chinese student demographic (sales/student experience)
- It is your personal responsibility to work within Collegiate’s policies, procedures and processes at all times. For the purposes of clarity, this includes but is not limited to, items such as our employment policies, health and safety policies, equal opportunities, data protection, compliance and money laundering responsibilities.
- All employees will act in accordance with appropriate professional and legislative regulations and codes of conduct
- The Company expects all employees to maintain good standards of electronic and/or paper filling as required in their role
- You will be expected to carry out all aspects of your role profile and any additional responsibilities as requested from time to time
Application deadline: 01/03/202
To apply, please provide CV and a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the role to Ashley Jones – email@example.com.