European Finance Director
- Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Full-time, Permanent
Collegiate AC is the leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK & Europe, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role, and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The key duties for the role are:
- Leadership – Managing and leading the Head Office UK/EuropeanFinance team.
- Strategic financial management – Working closely with the Senior Management team providing strategic financial management, development of strategy and the financial metrics.
- Statutory accounting process – Ownership of the statutory accounting process for the UK and Europe and consolidation of all European statutory accounts.
- Project support – Project support on new business, acquisitions and investments. Financial set up of New Schemes – Responsiblefor the financial set up of New Schemes across the UK and European.
- Tax Reporting – Responsible for tax reporting the UK and Europe.
- Relationship Management – Responsibility for relationship management with key stakeholders and responsible for managing the relationship with external auditors.
- Financial Management and Reporting – Overseeing all financial management and reporting for Europe. Responsible for the accuracy of the information presented to Senior Management team and clients.
- Month-End and Year-end Accounts – Overseeing and leading the production of the month-end and year-end accounts.
- Manage emails daily.
- Ad hoc tasks.
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks that occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
- 5+ Financial/Commercial experience in Europe, preferably in the European Housing Market.
- Hold a formal accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
- Previous experience of leading a team, in a finance management capacity.
- Excellent understanding of European and UK Laws including tax
- A working knowledge of English and Spanish language skills both written and oral are essential.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal Skills and organisational skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to juggle tasks and prioritise.
- Clearly understand the concept of value/strong financial analysis skills.
- Team player.
- Sales/customer knowledge.