Collegiate AC is the leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
About this role
- Head of Digital – The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for all Digital Marketing and will work closely with the Head of Digital on innovation and digital/systems improvements required to support digital marketing campaigns.
- Marketing Managers – Working closely with Marketing Managers to define and build the digital marketing strategy and needs in line with overall marketing strategy. Understand and work within allocated digital marketing budget.
- Social Media Executive – Coordinating with the Social Media Executive to implement and manage social media campaigns, while tracking performance.
- Graphic Designers – Collaborating with and briefing the Graphic Designers to create on-brand campaign assets.
- External Suppliers / Agencies – Responsible for managing working relationships and projects, ensuring positive results and on-time delivery.
- Content Collaborators – Reaching out to and managing communications with external partners to ensure successful collaborations.
- Marketing Team & Senior Managers – Producing regular reports tracking performance across online marketing channels.
- Digital Marketing Apprentice – Delegating tasks and providing on-the-job training to the Digital Marketing Apprentice.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to oversee our overall digital marketing strategy, developing, implementing, tracking and optimising digital marketing campaigns to ensure digital growth.
This is a new role due to business growth. We’re creating a focussed digital marketing team and you will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation’s digital presence.
You will join our in-house marketing team and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to significantly build and extend our reputation and reach. You will manage and execute our digital marketing roadmap across all channels with a focus on customer acquisition and retention.
In a complex organisation like ours, you’ll need patience and persuasion to develop a supportive network of colleagues to help you deliver our objectives. With over 30 locations in the UK and dozens of new initiatives, there is plenty of opportunity but no simple answers.
We’re looking for someone with minimum 3 years’ experience creating and running multi-disciplined digital campaigns including organic and paid social, on and off page SEO, and experience of planning, delivering and optimising Google Ad campaigns.
You will possess strong digital skills and will need to be adaptable to working on a variety of projects across online marketing channels. It’s critical that you are able to confidently advise on campaigns and execute strategic plans, including forming KPIs and planning how to achieve goals.
Experience of scoping digital projects, presenting well-considered data-driven insights and recommendations is essential. Strategies through to campaign execution are key facets of this role. You will be insight-driven and results-oriented at every level.
Government guidelines allowing, you’ll get the opportunity to travel to our student residences.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear.
The key duties for the role are:
- Create and deliver strategic digital campaigns from early concept through launch to measuring effectiveness in line with overall marketing strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate with wider marketing team and internal stakeholders.
- Develop effective Google Ad strategies across search and display, confidently manage Google Ad campaigns across multiple ad accounts and budgets.
- Website management.
- Working with web agency on continuous website improvements, prioritising tasks as needed.
- Work with SEO agency on SEO efforts to ensure increased visibility and strategic goals are met.
- Work on content creation and distribution.
- Coordinate with Social Media Executive to implement and manage organic and paid social campaigns.
- Drive loyalty strategy across digital channels to build customer awareness and engagement.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and position the brand at the industry forefront to drive growth and retention.
- Continually monitor performance across online marketing channels and platforms against agreed goals, reallocating budgets and media mix based on results.
- Clearly communicate results and insights with wider team and senior managers to inform future campaign briefs.
- Consistently optimise strategy across existing and new digital marketing channels, such as social, search, email, web.
- Manage assigned internal team.
- Ensure creative is compelling and consistently on-brand while clearly articulating core brand attributes and points of differentiation to drive sales.
- Working with Social Media Executive to elevate the brand’s approach to video, including IGTV, YouTube and TikTok.
- Understand and manage budgets across all digital marketing platforms.
- Challenge business as usual, seek out innovation, disrupt so we stand out in a competitive market
- Research new online marketing opportunities
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge
- At least three years’ experience working in digital marketing roles.
- A proven track record in delivering successful digital campaigns across a variety of online marketing channels.
- Analytical and data-driven; motivated by growth opportunities.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a digital marketing budget.
- Ability to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable in assuming ownership, driving results and innovation; anticipating and overcoming challenges.
- Highly organised, flexible and hands-on.
- Accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Skilled at assessing priorities based on impact, level of effort and resources.
- Critical thinker and effective decision-maker able to balance long-term goals with short-term needs.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills; proven ability to build, manage and scale a digital marketing team and to manage and oversee external agencies and contractors.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business.
- It is your personal responsibility to work within Collegiate’s policies, procedures and processes at all times. For the purposes of clarity, this includes but is not limited to, items such as our employment policies, health and safety policies, equal opportunities, data protection, compliance and money laundering responsibilities.
- All employees will act in accordance with appropriate professional and legislative regulations and codes of conduct
- The Company expects all employees to maintain good standards of electronic and/or paper filling as required in their role
- You will be expected to carry out all aspects of your role profile and any additional responsibilities as requested from time to time