- Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Full-time, Permanent
- £35,000 to £45,000
Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
About this role
The key duties for the role are:
- Consolidation of data requirements towards monthly accounts
- Month End analysis of the income and expenditure lines on a trend basis and against budget/forecast
- Preparation and clearance of bank reconciliations
- Liaise and coordinate with external third-party accounting providers to understand, report and document monthly financial results for the company.
- Cash management – cash forecasts and funding requests.
- First point of contact for client’s finance team on month end queries and other reporting queries
- Develop a full understanding of the Clients procedures and processes – training will be provided
- Aged Debt – Making sure all outstanding sales and purchase invoices are paid on time and chasing customers where applicable.
- Submitting and making sure payment of quarterly VAT returns are completed on time
- Preparing budgets and cash flows for future years in advance
- Reconciling company credit cards and checking for any miss use
- Other ad hoc support to the department as required
- Newly qualified / up to 2 years PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of performing month end close process either within industry or from an audit/review perspective
- Strong systems and Excel experience is essential
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders – Accounting team and Directors
- High level of IT knowledge plus ability to deal with and manipulate large quantities of data
- Extensive experience of working to tight month end deadlines