Client Accounting and Reporting Administrator
- Full-time, Permanent
Collegiate Group is the foremost investor and developer partner in the production and operation of class-leading student housing projects across the Europe, with sites in the UK, Spain, Portugal and currently expanding into Italy as well as looking at opportunities in Germany and Holland.
We work closely with our partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been our unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect and working with like-minded partners who share our vision.
About this role
Client Reporting is a critical part of the service we deliver to our clients and involves regular management reporting on the performance of each of the assets we manage, together will all the attendant requirements of managing the finances of the underlying properties.
Key Responsibilities include –
Working closely with the Operations Director, the Accommodation Management Teams and the broader Finance Team you will be responsible for the following:
- Tax compliance.Dealing with all tax accounting to include reporting to the local tax authorities (VAT, Withholding, Corporate income Tax).
- Producing and analysing monthly financial results for clients, including variance and trend analysis, commentary and presentations. Provide financial support and modelling to support the development of client plans and strategy.
- Key areas of the budget and strategic planning processes for each operating site, including working with the Operations Director and the Accommodation Management Teams to produce a full P&L bottom-up forecast for client properties & portfolios.
- Liaising with any external client or company accounting and reporting advisors as required.
- Developing, producing and enhancing high quality management information KPI packs.
- Improving the data structure and quality of source information used in financial reporting.
- Managing debtor and creditor positions for each site.
- Production of accurate and timely tenant rental Invoices.
- Processing of tenant refunds and transacting supplier invoice payments.
- Production of all internal management reporting.
- Production of ad-hoc client or internal reports, and other Finance related tasks that may arise.
- A Certificated Accountant in Portugal (“Contabilista Certificado”) holding either a University AccountancyDegree with post degree financial experience or 3 to 4 years commercial financial experience.
- A Certificated Accountant in Spain (Experto Contable Acreditado).
- Commercial accountancy experience with strong analytical skills and experience of working with both Spanish and Portuguese accounts.
- Language skills: English (essential).Spanish and/or Portuguese and/or Italian preferred.
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work in demanding timeframes.
- Excellent organisational skills, especially in relation to the analysis of a large volume of data.
- Proven financial modelling skills: particularly overhead reporting, P&L models, use of scenario analysis tools.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and changing requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels.
- Strong team player, evidencing an ability to establish positive working relationships.
- Proactive approach, quick to learn and able to manage own workload.
- Advanced Excel skills, with VBA experience beneficial.
- Able to produce clear analysis of financial information for dissemination by non-finance people.