- Wantage, Oxfordshire
- Full-Time, Permanent
Collegiate AC is the leading operator of luxury student accommodation in the UK & Europe, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The main purpose of this role is to provide accurate and timely management reporting to all our client.
You will be responsible and accountable for the client reporting and any associated accounting transactions from invoice processing to audit.
The key duties and responsibilities for the role are:
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Processing and payment of invoices.
- Processing CML amendments.
- Management of Site Aged Debtor reports.
- Managing the client relationship and client queries.
- Production of weekly and monthly tenant’s invoice file.
- Processing expenses.
- Processing of European payroll.
- Processing of Repatriation of rental income to Clients.
- Liaise with Suppliers and tenants when required to settle outstanding queries.
- Rent calls, raising demands, cashback incentives on tenant accounts
- Analyse monthly financial results, regarding variance and trend analysis.
- Produce commentary and presentations, including for clients and the senior management team.
- To manage the client’s sites debtors and creditors positions.
- Processing refunds and transacting invoice payments for the clients
- Provide financial support and modelling to support the development of client plans and strategy.
- Be responsible for key areas of the budget and strategic planning processes, including working with Regional Heads to produce a full P&L bottom-up forecast for client properties & portfolios.
- Assist in the development of effective comparison of performance data across the client and property portfolio to help drive continuous improvement in operating practices.
- Develop, produce and enhance high quality monthly management information packs.
- Improve the data structure and quality of source information used in financial reporting.
- Training and supporting new members of staff.
- Ad hoc tasks
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required.
- Evidence of strong progress towards CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification
- Commercially experienced with strong analytical skills
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work within demanding timeframes.
- Excellent organisational skills, especially in relation to the analysis of a large volume of data
- Proven financial modelling skills: particularly overhead reporting, P&L models, scenario analysis tools – this individual will need to develop models from scratch
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and changing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels
- Strong team player, evidencing an ability to establish positive working relationships
- Proactive approach, quick to learn and able to manage own workload
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to produce clear analysis of financial information for dissemination by non-finance people