The main purpose of this role is to manage, mentor and support the Client Accounts Team to provide accurate and timely management reporting to all of our external clients and our investment partners.
The Client Accountant Manager will be responsible and accountable for The Client Accounts Team and all aspects of the Client Reporting and any associated accounting transactions. The Client Accountant Manager to have strong managerial skills in order to manage and develop a small team as well as work with the team to deliver our outstanding management reporting.
Management Accounting and Reporting:
- Responsible for consolidated reports, cashflow reporting and budgeting.
- Oversee the management of assets.
- Responsible for key areas of the budget and strategic planning processes, including working with the CCO and Heads of Operations to produce a full P&L bottom-up forecast for client properties & portfolios.
- Assist in the development of effective comparison of performance data across the clients and property portfolios to help drive continuous improvement in operating practices.
- Improve the data structure and quality of source information used in financial reporting.
Transactional and Processing:
- Oversee the management of the client’s sites debtors and creditors positions.
- Provide financial support and modelling to support the development of client plans and strategies.
- Oversee the processing of Repatriation of rental income to Clients.
- Managing the client relationships and help with complex client queries.
- Oversee the creation of the non-resident landlord HMRC submissions.
- Support the Trainee Client Accountant with any transactional accounting where / when required.
- Develop, produce and enhance high quality monthly management information packs. Analyse monthly financial results, regarding variance and trend analysis.
- Produce commentary and presentations, including for clients and the Senior Management Team.
- Develop and produce high quality group consolidated management reporting as well as quarter end reporting.
- Provide clients with investment reports as required.
Site Team support:
- Liaise and work closely with the site teams providing support when/where required.
- Manage the implementation of any new sites from an accounting perspective.
Management of Client Accounts Team:
- Manage, coach, develop and support the Client Accounts Team on a daily basis.
- Conducting monthly 1 to 1 meetings with the team and annual Performance Appraisals.
- Ad hoc tasks.
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required.
- Fully qualified (ACCA or in final stages).
- Extensive Accountancy experience (min 5 years).
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Commercially experienced with strong analytical skills.
- Strong managerial skills
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work within demanding timeframes.
- Excellent organisational skills, especially in relation to the analysis of a large volume of data.
- Proven financial modelling skills: particularly overhead reporting, P&L models, scenario analysis tools – this individual will need to develop models from scratch.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and changing requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels.
- Strong team player, evidencing an ability to establish positive working relationships.
- Proactive approach, quick to learn and able to manage own workload.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Able to produce clear analysis of financial information for dissemination by non-finance people.