- Part-time, Permanent
- £8 per hour
About the Role:
Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of superior student accommodation across some of the UK’s top university cities, offering to both students and parents – great value, superb facilities and peace of mind. With our unrivalled record and expertise, Collegiate AC delivers student living, just better!
The foundation for our success is providing the quality, well-located, safe accommodation that is close to university campuses, transport and local amenities. Our rent includes all bills including insurance, utilities and broadband/Wi-Fi.
A key factor of our success has been the careful development and pro-active management of our buildings.
The Cleaner reports to the Accommodation Manager and is required to provide support and assistance to the Accommodation Team to ensure that the accommodation is properly maintained and clean. This role will undertake a range of tasks and duties to support the upkeep of the property and to provide a rapid response service to deal with problems/last minute turnarounds.
Duties in detail
- Cleans of all internal corridors
- Weekly cleans of all internal common areas
- Weekly sweep of outside areas
- Weekly turnaround of 15 rooms a mixture of full cleans and linen changes inc. kitchen areas
- Monthly deep clean of all common areas
- Deep cleaning rooms in the building as part of the summer turnaround where required
- Working alongside the maintenance operative to make sure the building is kept in good condition at all times.
- Taking accountability for overall property presentation
- Support office where required
- Monitoring and fulfilling the varied auditing requirements,Including: maintenance audits, Health and Safety audits, identifying and managing fire safety issues, Control of Hazardous Substances requirements (COSHH)
- Past cleaning experience essential
- Previous experience of working in student accommodation/hotels or hostels is preferred, but not essential
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to work independently
- The ability to prioritise work
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Working as a team player