Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities. Collegiate is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arlington and its funds, which own 13,500 beds in 18 UK cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering
About this role
The key duties for the role are:
- Ensuring delivery of sales best practice and achieving sales targets for all Collegiate properties within the City.
- Fostering exceptional relationships with key stakeholders including Universities, language schools and private entities.
- Managing and delivering the provision of key support in emergencies
- Delivering across KPIs in sales conversions and enquiries
- Working with Head of Operations and Marketing department to deliver sales and engagement strategy
- Taking overall accountability for any customer and property related issues requiring action in a timely and cost effective manner
- Taking accountability for the overall presentation of properties
- Taking overall accountability for customer service, complaint handling and incident response across the city.
- Overseeing and coordinating the performance and direct line management of the Property Teams
- Implementation of first-class living experience for all tenants to drive rebooking.
- Implementing and managing performance improvements and customer satisfaction action plans.
- Planning and managing the city’s facilities activity in line with statutory regulations and working with Head of Estates and Facilities
- Taking full ownership of community relationships e.g. neighbours, local communities, police community officers, Fire Service and local authorities
- Human Resources, managing, recruitment, people management, succession planning and training requirements identified and delivered
- Finance in order to deliver client satisfaction and protect the long term value of the assets
- Health & Safety to work with our stakeholder groups to deliver and embed a safe work place to live and work
- Being a positive agent for change, leading the team by example and inspiring trust and commitment through periods of transformation
- Making regular visits to all properties within the city, ensuring both building and staff remain safe, reviewing hazards and risks, and ensuring safe working practices are being consistently delivered
- Forming part of the wider management team contributing to the development of a high performing and positive team
- Proactively building a positive and high performing customer service ethos
- Driving through approaches and initiatives to enhance sales opportunities and performance within the city including summer lettings schedual
- Taking overall responsibility for the running of the summer turnaround and other cyclical/ad hoc projects
- Taking ownership of resolving any incidents that occur and offering flexibility in working hours as required Compliance
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment at all times
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
Taking overall ownership for city team performance against KPIs, including setting strategies and initiatives to ensure the KPIs are met for:
- Rental Arrears
- Customer Service
- Property Audits
- Finance (Net Operating Income and Cost per Bed)
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks which occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work flexible hours. Travel may be required.
- Previous experience of working within student accommodation, sales, hospitality with a multi-site / multi-site role.
- Previous experience of working within the higher education sector, accommodation or a customer service company in a similar role
- Team management experience within a customer facing environment, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience
- Previous success in developing and managing high performing teams when handling challenging sales situations
- Highly skilled in understanding, empathizing and delivering against customer needs
- Excellent computer literacy, and the ability to use Microsoft Office and Mac computer literate
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritising tasks when required, multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required
- Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team
- Living within reasonable travelling distance of properties
- It is your personal responsibility to work within Collegiate’s policies, procedures and processes at all times. For the purposes of clarity, this includes but is not limited to, items such as our employment policies, health and safety policies, equal opportunities, data protection, compliance and money laundering responsibilities.
- All employees will act in accordance with appropriate professional and legislative regulations and codes of conduct
- The Company expects all employees to maintain good standards of electronic and/or paper filling as required in their role
- You will be expected to carry out all aspects of your role profile and any additional responsibilities as requested from time to time
Please apply via Indeed.