Budget And Contract Analyst
- Wantage, Oxfordshire, UK
- Full-time, Permanent
- £35,000 to £40,000
Collegiate AC is the UK’s leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to Collegiate’s rapid growth has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role, and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
The key duties for the role are:
· Preparing Client Management Agreements – To liaise with new and existing clients to ensure management agreements are in place for all clients and continual review.
· Ensuring Bank Accounts are opened – To ensure that bank accounts are opened in a timely manner.
· Legal Compliance – To review the company’s budgets for compliance with legal regulations both in the UK and overseas and advise where specialist advice is required.
· Tax – As above, to ensure that all tax certification is in place both in the UK and overseas and advise where specialist advice is required.
· Budget Models – To design effective budget models / templates for use across the accommodation sites in the UK and overseas.
· Budget forecasting – To forecast future budget needs and suggest spending improvements that minimise cost and increase profits.
· Managing Budgets – To review budget requests for approval and to ensure Accommodation Sites meet budget submission deadlines.
· Analysing financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) – To ensure all operations are within budget and identifying variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period.
· Presenting budget information – To present annual budgets to Senior Managers.
· Policies and Procedures – To design and implement effective budgeting policies and procedures.
· Manage emails daily.
· Assisting other departments if necessary.
· Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Please note that due to the nature of the business and this specific role there are a large number of ad-hoc tasks that occur throughout the year – the JD is not exhaustive.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc.)
Travel may be required.
· Previous experience in similar roles. i.e Budget Analyst.
· Financial/Commercial experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferable in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
· Communication – Presenting and client facing.
· A working knowledge of English language skills both written and oral are essential
· A working knowledge of Spanish language skills both written and oral is desirable.
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
· Excellent interpersonal Skills and organisational skills.
· Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts).
· Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis.
· Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations.
· Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms.
· Ability to juggle tasks and prioritise.
· Team player.