Assistant Accommodation Manager
- Full-time, Permanent
- £24,000 - £26,000
Collegiate AC LTD is the UK’s leading operator of superior student accommodation across some of the UK’s top university cities, offering to both students and parents – great value, superb facilities and peace of mind. With our unrivalled record and expertise, Collegiate AC delivers student living,
The foundation for our success is providing the best quality, well-located, safe accommodation that is close to university campuses, transport and local amenities. Our rent includes all bills including insurance, utilities and broadband/Wi-Fi.
A key factor of our success has been the careful development and pro-active management of our buildings.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist and work closely with the General Manager in the delivery of an outstanding student experience through strong leadership, driving a high quality customer service, sales, maintenance and housekeeping provision at the property.
- To assist in ensuring Health & Safety policy and fire safety procedures are adhered to at all times within the property
- To assist in promoting and delivering service and sales standards within the team, leading by example
- To assist in effectively manage customer service, complaint handling (including complaints and flat disputes) customer-related issues and incident response across the property, role modeling outstanding customer service to the team
- Contribute to the delivery of all KPIs within the property, ensuring all team members are aware of (and are equipped to deliver) their targets relating to sales, arrears, customer service and audits
- To assist in delivering sales targets at the property in accordance with Collegiate’s sales process and standards
- To assist in ensuring escalated customer related issues are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner either personally or through the wider team
- To assist in ensuring a high standard of overall property presentation, working with the facilities team to ensure maintenance-related issues are raised and resolved in a timely manner
- To assist in managing incident response including power and water outages, emergency support and fire alarm evacuations
- To support the manager in arrears management within properties, ensuring a focus on reducing arrears to a minimum
- Build and maintain positive community relationships e.g. neighbors, local communities, emergency services and local authorities
- Foster effective working relationships with key University stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with key support functions including HR and Operations
- Work collaboratively with operations management colleagues, sharing best practice and seeking continuous improvement to ensure property KPI delivery
- Create a collaborative team environment, leading by example and role modelling desired behaviors
- Supervise in the manager absence standards and KPI targets set by the business
- Oversee and complete administration duties, including the processing of bookings, check in/out, arrears chasing, raising of purchase orders, customer arrears issues and any University nominations agreements
- To assist in ensuring building, customers and staff remain safe, reviewing hazards and risks and ensuring safe working practices are followed
- To assist in managing inspections to ensure property standards are maintained
- To assist in supporting approaches and initiatives to enhance sales opportunity and performance within the property
- To assist in addressing escalated customer-related issues in a timely manner
- To assist in taking part in the out of hours on call process, taking ownership of resolving incidents that occur and offering flexibility in working hours as required
- To assist in managing the customers check in/ check out process ensuring the handover of the property meets the original handover. All documentation is completed and any charges are individual in the process.