The Assistant Accommodation Manager role is a key function within our business and assist with the driving force within our student accommodation building. As the Assistant Accommodation Manager, you will be responsible in assisting the Accommodation Manager in all areas of sales, maintenance, marketing and finance within the operation of the student accommodation building, whilst being supported by your Accommodation Manager, on-site team and the Collegiate Head Office teams.
This role is based in one of Collegiate’s most iconic buildings within our collection, boasting a wide range of luxurious facilities including 200+ apartments, cinema, bar, gym and an absolutely spectacular ball room. We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing manager with a strong sales background to go above and beyond to lead your accommodation team in this challenging student market to achieve 100% occupancy, whilst delivering an outstanding student living experience.
- To assist the manager in leading and managing the Accommodation Team at your site to ensure the smooth running of all services to meet tenant and client needs.
- Be accountable for the Sales Performance of student accommodation lettings, creating and driving an enthusiastic and focused accommodation team to deliver 100% occupancy
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of the site in line with statutory legislation and internal company procedures.
- Manage and be accountable for the site P&L to ensure that all operational and site costs are kept within Budget.
- Responsible for planning, implementation and delivery of Summer Turnaround of the accommodation building which involves project managing the successful cleaning and maintenance of the building during the 4 week period of student changeover.
- Ensure that all debt from charges and arrears at site collected in line with company procedures.
- Drive excellent customer service and create high standards amongst the Accommodation Team to provide tenants and clients with a first-class service.
- Engage with third party suppliers and local business to create a bespoke events and activities program for the student tenants on site.
- Training of the Accommodation Team at site.
- Rental collections and conducting the arrears process in line with company policy.
- Being part of the escalation management team dealing with out of hours site emergencies.
- Management of the site in compliance with ANUK National Code of Standards.
- Carrying out termly apartment inspections.
- Managing the onsite maintenance team and third party contracted maintenance and engineers; in response to reactive and pre planned maintenance.
The nature of the role means that you may be required to work outside of your hours (move in weekends, summer etc). Travel may be required to cover other sites or as part of career progression. This will include weekend and evening work as part of a management rota.Weekend work will be required on a rota basis until September 2020.
- Assistant Management experience
- Experience of targeted sales and working within a team to achieve excellent results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written, face to face and telephone
- Organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience in hospitality, facilities management or property management desirable
- Understanding of P&L and Budgets
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of the Newcastle Student Accommodation market
- Previous experience of working in the student accommodation sector
- Experience of running stands at conferences or events
- MAC literate
- Working with systems including: Sales Force, Star Rez, Dream
Please apply via Indeed by clicking here.